Monday, August 8, 2011

Thank you

Thank you to everyone who commented on yesterday's post about the pressure I feel as I try to balance my dream of becoming a published writer and my life as a mom. I was feeling pretty low when I wrote that blog entry. I honestly didn't see much point in my continuing to strive for a goal that seems so impossible. Through your encouragement, however, I've seen that it would be wrong for me to give up on my dreams--wrong for both me and my children. (What kind of example would I be setting?) I truly appreciate your comments. I've taken them all to heart and will respond to each of them in the next few days.

Thank you all again.

5 comments:

  1. You are so welcome , dear ... Glad that my little bit could have helped !

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!

    and remember, if you want to write about Jeb, 100 words a day for ten days is 1000 words. voila! a short story is born!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I'm glad you came to a decision that made you happy!

    And I'm with Tara. I read your 100 words almost every day and always wonder where the rest of the story is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments, everyone!

    Caitlin and Tara: I've never thought that my 100-word pieces could amount to much. I thought that's all they were. But you're making me see them in a new light: maybe they could be something more. Thanks for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete