Thursday, June 20, 2013
Today is a happy day! A few weeks ago, Tara at Tara Tyler Talks gave me the Happy Tag. (She made this cute button to go with it.) I am to list five things that make me happy (other than the given—family and friends.) Here goes...
I'm happy because:
1. I didn't have to rush this morning. I slept in until 7 a.m., which is late for me! Today is the first official day of summer vacation for my newly minted first-grader. Both of the kids are still sleeping, and I'm enjoying the quiet.
2. The Laughing Cow company makes thirty-five calorie cheese wedges. Yum! I'm dieting right now (yuck), and these wedges really help with my cheese cravings.
3. I'm enjoying this writing book: Now Write! Nonfiction. It contains some great exercises for memoir and creative nonfiction writing.
4. This song has been an earworm for days—and I don't mind one bit! (You can watch a fun LEGO version of the video here.)
5. It's a gorgeous day! The sun is shining; the birds are chirping. How could I be unhappy about that?
Feel free to grab the tag if you'd like to play along on your blog.
So tell me, what's making you happy today?
Wishing you all a day filled with smiles. ☺