Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One more week...

until my son starts preschool. I'm nervous and anxious and scared. At the same time, I'm excited and happy for my little boy, who can't wait to start his new journey.

Preschool was one of the first things I thought of when I woke up this morning, so it became the subject of today's 100 words:

I'm getting more anxious about the fact that my little boy is starting preschool next week. He's so excited, and I'm glad for that. But I'm also nervous and sad: nervous because I've never had to let someone I don't know care for him, and sad because the start of preschool means the beginning of growing up--and growing away. I won't have him here with me anymore, at least not every day; he'll be taking his first steps on the road to independence. I know he'll love school, but the realization that I can't be near him every minute is so frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment