Monday, March 21, 2011

You're invited to my pity party. (Bring your own whine.)

This post is all about the whining. My apologies.

I had the most frustrating day. My husband is out of town for work, so the kids and I have been together all day and all night--no break. I just put them to bed, and I'm sitting here with a glass of wine and a headache and a bad attitude. I had so many plans for today, so many things I needed to get done, and every one of those plans fell through. What frustrates me the most is that I wasn't able to work on my new story, which always seems to get put at the bottom of the pile behind laundry and taking out the trash and changing sheets and cooking meals and pretty much everything else that needs to be done in this world. (So it seems.) I get so angry when things don't go the way I plan. I guess I'm being selfish and childish, but just for once, I'd like to put some of my things first. What happened to the things that are important to me? They've been crushed; everything else always comes first.

Again, I'm sorry about this rant/whine/oh-woe-is-me post. I used to be the person who got things done, and now I don't. I just can't get used to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment