I'm very grateful to Tara at Tara Tyler Talks for awarding me this Stylish Blogger Award. It's my first award, and I'm honored. Thanks, Tara!
Tara asked me to include seven facts, so here they are:
1. I love reality TV, and I've gotten many story ideas from watching how the people on these shows interact.
2. My favorite number is five. I can remember riding my bike up and down our long driveway on my fifth birthday and thinking, "Yeah, five is a good age." I've stuck with it ever since.
3. I used to be a college instructor in Nebraska. I taught English and journalism and advised the student newspaper.
4. I met my husband in a chat room online. He's thirteen years older than I am and has two sons in their twenties (in addition to our kids, ages 4 and 21 months).
5. My first car was a blue 1990 Buick Skylark. I didn't get it until I was in graduate school, and I had friends who would tease me about driving an "old person's car." I didn't care what they said--and I still don't. We recently traded in my second car, a Buick Century that I had owned for thirteen years, for a Chrysler Town and Country, but I love Buicks and hope to own another one someday. (I never would have traded in my car had it not been rear-ended at a stoplight. That Buick had been running perfectly!)
6. My first kiss happened at age 12. I was in the seventh grade, and my eighth-grader boyfriend kissed me on the staircase landing right before band class.
7. When I was in junior high, my creative writing teacher, Mrs. Jacobson, encouraged me to write and even featured several of my stories in the school art show. She's part of the reason I'm still writing today.