Saturday, April 16, 2011

My dream-thoughts snatched away...

I wrote this piece this morning after being awakened by the rain.
 
Rain battered the roof, waking me from sleep, the steady ping-ping-ping piercing through my dreams, and I sat up, confused, as I tried to piece together the source of the sound, the origin of that unwanted alarm clock that had torn me from sleep, snatching away my dream-thoughts of you and the life we had shared once long ago, before we imploded, our togetherness shattered, and found ourselves suddenly living separate lives and separate dreams, no longer breathing in sync as the rain pattered against the roof or the hot sun shone brightly through the window.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a restless night and a rude awakening, compared to a relationship - great job!

    ReplyDelete