Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Illumination

Today's 100 words:

From where I'm sitting, I can see right into my neighbor's open window--which means, of course, that my neighbors can see right into mine. Since I was a child, I've loved walking through town as the night has just started to fall and people have turned on the lights inside their homes, revealing little snapshots of domesticity to anyone observing from the outside: families eating dinner; children watching TV; mothers and fathers with their feet up after a long day, reading. The pictures aren't always idyllic, of course, but they are always real: wonderful, unedited glimpses of life.

3 comments:

  1. i've seen things no one should see and am reminded to keep the blinds shut!
    not to mention i live in a fat house, boys love running around naked! ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can really come up with some great scenarios doing that! But I don't like to do it much, they might think I'm a Peeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara, too funny!

    L.J., I agree. Looking inside other people's houses is a great way to come up with ideas, but it is dangerous! :)

    ReplyDelete