Sunday, July 10, 2011

My princess turned two today!

My daughter's birthday celebration today was wonderful, and despite the sad fact that my oven refused to work, I was able to use my church's oven yesterday to bake my daughter's pink princess cake. Thank you, Seneca UMC!

My husband and I were up until 4 a.m. getting everything ready--those last-minute preparations always seem to take longer than one would think--so I'm going to go to bed early tonight. I hope to post some cake pictures soon--and I'll try very hard to catch up on your blogs tomorrow. I missed reading them!

Here are today's 100 words on my baby's birthday and the passage of time:

Today is my daughter's second birthday. It sounds trite, but I really can't believe how quickly the years have gone. I watched some video of her yesterday, and seeing how much she has changed from just a few months ago boggles my mind: the length of her hair, her speech, her coordination--all of these things are so different now. She's grown so much, which is both wonderful and so bittersweet, and I want to laugh with joy and sob at the same time for these years that have passed so quickly, for the tomorrows that will do the same.

4 comments:

  1. aww! i look forward to a pic!
    happy bday to your princess =)
    oh how sweet to have a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tara! I'll pass your birthday wishes on to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to seeing a pic or two as well!

    I'm also grateful for the reminder. Li'l D will soon be two, and every day I find myself noticing something new he's doing or saying. With so much growth every day, how much different will my sweet little man be in another 2.5 months? I can't say now (as is the topic, indeed, of my next pre-written post), but I can do my best to enjoy each of those moments as they come . . . and document, document, document, since my feeble memory can't be expected to retain much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I worry about my feeble mind as well, so I, too, document everything. I just need to be more organized about it. Right now, I've written things on random slips of paper that are all around the house. I need to transfer everything to their journals soon.

    ReplyDelete