Friday, February 25, 2011

An unexpected day off

I know, moms never really get a day off, so technically, I'm still "at work." However, I declared today a snow day when I woke up this morning and saw all the snow blanketing the yard--with the promise of much more to come. I was supposed to take the kids to story time, but my friend called to tell how horrible her drive this morning had been, so here I am--here we are--at home.

This week has been so busy that it feels good to have a leisurely (if noisy) day. Right now the kids are playing with their remote control car out in the living room, and I've been getting some of my chores done: the store list is written for our grocery shopping trip tonight, I've completed my registration for the Barnes and Noble Kids' Club, I've done a little writing. Overall, it's been a productive morning, and I'm enjoying not having to rush around the way I have so much of this week. It's also nice to be able to write this post in the morning rather than late at night.

Tomorrow we'll be heading to Sears to have the kids' pictures taken, and I need to get their clothes ready and check to see if my daughter's shoes still fit. Other than that--and some cleaning via the instructions at Flylady--I plan on having a relaxing, stay-inside-the-house kind of day.

2 comments:

  1. It's been a busy week here as well, what with my son's double ear infection. He seems to be doing better this morning, so here's hoping I'll be able to report on a little (comparative) leisure time myself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I've been lucky that my kids have managed to avoid ear infections, but I know they're horrible. I hope he feels like himself again very soon. Looking forward to reading your leisure-time report!

    ReplyDelete