Two of my blog readers were kind enough to present me with awards recently. I want to think Carolyn Arnold and Scott Niven for giving me this "The Irresistibly Sweet Blog" award:
And I also want to thank Scott Niven again for awarding me this "Stylish Blogger" award:
Most of these awards come with rules, and here are the ones I received from Carolyn:
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share 7 random things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 deserving blog buddies.
4. Contact them to let them know.
Seven Random Things About Me:
1. I've become addicted to unsweetened chocolate--the kind used for baking, no sugar added. I thought it was bitter at first, but now I love it!
2. I won a library poster contest when I was in the second grade. The prize was any book I wanted. I chose one about dogs.
3. I read while I brush my teeth. It makes the time go faster!
4. When we were kids, my sister and I used to kill our Barbies on a regular basis.
5. I'm Norwegian, German, Scotch, Dutch, and French (mostly French).
6. I have a master's degree in English, but when I started college, I wanted to be a broadcast journalist and told everyone that Barbara Walters and Diane Sawyer had better watch out!
7. I once saw actor Scott Speedman leaning against a building in New York City. He was alone, and to this day, I wish I would have talked to him.
Now for the awards! I'd like to present both of these awards to the following awesome and deserving bloggers:
1. Tersia Roach
Congratulations to all!
Thanks Dana, this is awesome! I'm completely gobsmacked XD !!!ReplyDelete
Aw! A huge ♥ for that! It'll be a few days till I get around to posting my own entry (probably Monday?) but I'm looking forward to it.ReplyDelete
Re: your #4 above? I had only one Barbie--a vintage '58 in perfect condition--but my brother took the honor of destroying it for me. *headdesk* Why he couldn't have just made mincemeat of one of my My Little Pony figures is beyond me . . . !
Tersia: You're very welcome! I love that you're writing your autobiography. I did a little memoir writing myself last fall, and I'm really interested in following your progress!ReplyDelete
Deb: Looking forward to your entry!
Regarding the Barbie: Siblings always seem to know how to hurt us the most, don't they?
Thanks so much, Dana. A nice surprise!ReplyDelete
So do your kids have Barbies? Do they hide them from you?! :)
You're welcome, Monica! Nope, there aren't any Barbies around the house yet, but I'm sure when there are and my daughter gets older and hears the stories about Mom and Aunt Keri, she'll hide them!ReplyDelete
Thanks Dana! I am so honored!! You rock! Psst…I thought I was alone in the brushing/reading ritual. Washing while reading is a bit more difficult, but I'm working on it.ReplyDelete
Thanks so much Dana! It means a lot that you thought of my blog for these awards. Thanks!!!ReplyDelete
Oh and I understand the Barbie massacre all too well...ReplyDelete
You're welcome, L.J.! You're the only person I've met who shares my "reading while brushing teeth" ritual!ReplyDelete
Caitlin: You're very welcome! Oh, the Barbie massacre... We would tie ours on the ends of yardsticks, then swing the sticks around until the Barbies flew off, often sustaining horrific injuries like broken arms or the loss of their heads. Good times! :)