Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another dream

This morning's 100 words:

I had another weird dream last night, although it turned out to be a lot easier to understand than the one I had the night before. This time, my family and I were in a huge house--definitely not ours--and we were getting ready to leave. I was going crazy, though, because I couldn't get my watch, a wind-up wristwatch that my parents had bought me when I was twelve, to stop beeping. It turned out, of course, that my real-life wake-up alarm, my cell phone, had been going off for quite some time.

I guess all these late NaNo nights are starting to make me sleep-deprived--even more so than I was before November started! My current word count is 23,762, but I'm sure I'll attempt a few more before I go to bed tonight. My story is pretty all over the place right now, but I'm excited to have written so many words in such a short period of time.

How's NaNo been going for the rest of you?

4 comments:

  1. Well, your word count is blowing me out of the water! Good for you! And haha, unfortunately I've also had dreams where the alarm has crept in without any way of turning it off. It's never any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow!!
    you're doing great!
    but maybe you should get some rest =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tara--and I agree! Sleep would be nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Caitlin! I'm anticipating at least a couple of days of non-writing this month, so I'm trying to bank some words.

    I hate those dreams... ;)

    ReplyDelete