Monday, November 14, 2011

Baby!

This morning's 100 words:

As I write this today, my very good friend is having surgery, a planned C-section. She doesn't know if the baby is a boy or a girl, and all of us--most of all her, her husband, and their two daughters--are eager to find out. She's chosen names but hasn't revealed those yet, either.

Last night I dreamed that her husband called to tell me that the baby was a boy named Jacob. There was static, and I couldn't make out the middle name. When I asked him to repeat himself, he hung up on me.

UPDATE: My friend texted me around 4 p.m. to tell me that her son, Wyatt James, had been born!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dana, That's really spooky. If the baby is called anything else, I suppose you'll forget about the dream, but if the baby is called Jacob, it could haunt you for years. You'll start believing in dreams. Maybe you'll wake up some day with the winning lottery numbers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ: Ha! That would have been spooky! It turns out that she did have a boy, but she named him Wyatt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But the middle name started with a J! How crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, I didn't even think of that! That's nuts!

    ReplyDelete