Friday, January 20, 2012

Those were the days...

Today's 100 words:

I long for the extensive intellectual discussions about literature and art that I used to have with others when I was in graduate school. We all had the same focus--the same love--and we could pitch words and ideas and theories with no fear of boring the people around us. We could share our research and not fear that the listener's eyes would glaze over with boredom or that he would clean his nails and stare at the wall in apathy as we talked. I share these things online now more than off. I miss being face-to-face.

4 comments:

  1. I read a book about this...I cannot remember the title or very much about it except the couple met in college and shared the same ideas of art and mingled with the artsy folks...but then he grew up and she still longed for those days. They were married, had a kid...it was a psychological...well, not really thriller. But it was decent. The title had the word Tree in it...hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you think of the title. It sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you 100%! Everyone was in the classes because they wanted to be there. There was a palpable energy, reading what we wrote and talking about it, seeing the faces and the reactions. I met some great people there. It gave me a drive to write better, stronger. To be more fearless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exactly it, Amy! I think I need to go back to school. :)

    ReplyDelete