Today I'd like to give a shout-out to the wonderful Maryann Miller at It's Not All Gravy, who recently presented me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Be sure to check out her blog, "a commentary about life, writing and the absurdities of the human condition." You'll always find something great there!
As per the rules associated with the award, here are ten little-known facts about me. To make things a bit more interesting, I've included one "fact" that isn't true. Can you guess the impostor? I'll tell you the answer at the end of the post.
1. I met my husband in a chat room and married him on a riverboat.
2. Dirty Dancing is my all-time favorite movie.
3. I love capers and sometimes eat them straight out of the jar.
4. I never leave the house without putting a little makeup on.
5. I crave chocolate-covered potato chips.
6. I don't care for most country music, but I do love Johnny Cash.
7. I could eat avocados every single day.
8. When we were kids, my sister and I used to "kill" our Barbies and then hold funerals for them.
9. During the summer, I like to spend as much time outdoors as I can.
10. I think Mom's Rhapsody is one of the funniest parodies out there:
Before I reveal the impostor, I'd like to pass this award along to six of the many great friends I met during the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. Be sure to visit their blogs:
1. Cheryl at Writing Remnants
2. Sherry at Mama Diaries
3. Nikki at Inspire Nordic
4. Jen at Crafting Magic
5. M. J. at Writing Tips for Success
6. Liz at The English Bad Ass
Congrats! It was difficult to choose only six.
And now for the impostor fact: During the summer, I like to spend as much time outdoors as I can.
I love summertime, but I get physically sick when I'm out in the heat too long. I can take temperatures up to the mid-seventies or maybe a little higher, but after that, I need to stay indoors and out of the sun.
Did you get it right?
Now it's your turn. I'd love to get to know all of my followers better. Why not post a random or little-known fact about yourself in the comments?