Yes, I know that's hard to believe, especially since yesterday's Blog Me MAYbe post about writing motivation was a little on the serious side. For "May I tell you something about myself?" Tuesday, I thought I'd lighten the mood a bit by presenting eighteen quirky things about me.
But first, here's my idol, Phoebe Buffay, the ultimate quirky free spirit:
On with my quirks!
1. I can't stand the thought of anyone touching my eyeballs. I don't even like thinking about my eyeballs, and if I get an eyelash in one, I hop around on one foot (who knows why?), cup a hand over my eye, and yell.
|"And then we sauté the vegetables |
until they're nice and soft..."
Image courtesy of Graham Soult
3. I hate calling people I don't know well. I'd rather talk to them in person or send them an e-mail.
4. After I've parked my van, I almost always have to walk around it to make sure that the sliding doors are indeed closed.
5. I hate the smell of ranch dressing. Unfortunately,
my kids love the stuff, so I often have to hold my breath while making lunch. (Weirdly, I do like the taste.)
|Hey, Stinky. You're not so bad!|
Wikimedia Commons (public domain)
7. I always put on my right shoe first.
8. I like all the hangers in the closet to be facing
the same way.
9. Before I pick up the phone to make an
appointment, I rehearse what I'm going to say.
10. I often have full conversations with myself
when other people are around.
11. When I order hamburgers at "good" restaurants, I eat them with a knife and fork. If I'm home, I pick them up.
12. I hate going up escalators, but I don't mind going down them.
|Image courtesy of Dominic Morel,|
14. I always blow-dry my hair on the left side first.
15. I eat a square of unsweetened chocolate almost every day.
16. I like to sing Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called To Say I Love You" and Lisa Loeb's "Stay" in the shower.
17. I like Popsicles but don't eat them often because I can't stand the taste or feel of the wooden Popsicle stick.
18. I'm claustrophobic and therefore terrified of being trapped in an elevator. Interestingly, as a child, I was reading underneath my bed, and my long hair got caught in the exposed springs. Coincidence? You be the judge.
Image courtesy of Hans Thoursie, rgbstock.com
So what are your quirks? Do we share any of the same ones?