Saturday, June 16, 2012

Just fabulous!

Happy Saturday!

This morning I want to extend a huge thank-you to the three wonderful people who've presented me with awards in the past week or two:

♥ L.G. Keltner at Writing Off the Edge honored me with a Fabulous Blog Ribbon and a Stylish Blogger Award;

♥ Nikki at Inspire Nordic presented me with the One Lovely Blog Award and a Stylish Blogger Award;

♥ and Funny in My Mind at In My Mind It's Always Funny handed me the Liebster Blog Award.

Thanks so much to all of them--and be sure to visit their amazing blogs!

This is the first time I've ever received a Fabulous Blog Ribbon, so I've decided to post about that award today. Here are the rules:

1. Post the rules on your blog.
2. Name five of your most fabulous moments, either in real life or in the blogosphere.
3. Name five things you love.
4. Name five things you hate.
5. Pass the ribbon on to five other bloggers. (Leave them a comment to notify them of their win.)

Okay, here we go:

Five Fabulous Moments:

1. the call that came the day I finished my Master's thesis and informed me that I was hired for my first real job: teaching English and journalism at a college in Nebraska

2. my wedding on a riverboat

3. the moments I found out I was pregnant with my children

4. the births of my children

5. meeting so many kind, talented, and amazing people in the blogosphere


Five Things I Love:

1. chocolate (I'm craving chocolate-covered potato chips right now!)
2. writing
3. reading, especially if it's raining outside
4. cute shoes
5. Mexican food


Five Things I Hate Dislike:

1. drivers who think they are entitled to cut in front of traffic
2. cleaning
3. hair in my food, especially if I'm at a restaurant
4. handling raw chicken
5. being outside in really hot weather, which for me is anything above 75 degrees


I'd like to pass this Fabulous Blog Ribbon, as well as the rest of the awards, to five (I'm choosing six!) very deserving bloggers. Take all the awards or chose the ones you want (just grab them from my sidebar)!

1. Funny In My Mind at In My Mind It's Always Funny
2. Nikki at Inspire Nordic
3. L.G. Keltner at Writing Off the Edge
4. Fran at Broken Cookies Don't Count
5. Mel at The Positive Pessimist
6. Danielle at Sweet Tea Reads


Have a wonderful Saturday!

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations and love the sound of your wedding! Weddings are always fabulous - but on a riverboat.... wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a really nice ceremony. :)

      Delete
  2. Never seen the fabulous blogger award - congratulations! I'm with you on the writing, chocolate and shoes. Also on the hair thing (ick) and chicken thing (gross.) Funny in my Mind and her sister Mel are funny, aren't they?! I'll check out the blogs from your list that I've not visited. Enjoy your award-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mare. :)

      Yes, Mel and her sister are great. I look forward to their posts!

      Have a wonderful weekend!

      Delete
  3. UMMM CHOCOLATE!!! THATS SO AWESOME ON YOUR AWARDS WAY TO GO LADY GOOD JOB AND I AGREE A RIVERBOAT WEDDING SOUNDS AMAZING!!! BUT YOU ARE SO IT GOES WITH THE TERRITORY :}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wedding on a riverboat! That sounds romantic!
    I think anything over 75 is too hot, too--LOL!
    Now you have me thinking about chocolate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was romantic! Maybe we'll renew our vows on the boat someday.

      I'm staying inside today--too hot. And this morning for breakfast, I had chocolate pudding. :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much! And I agree with the others. A wedding on a riverboat sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, I totally have the raw chicken heebie jeebies too! I make my husband do it. Thanks for the new blogs to check out! At least 3 are new to me so I can't wait to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could get my husband to do it. :)

      Enjoy the blogs!

      Delete
  7. Ohhhh! Some more pretties for my blog! Thank you!
    I will get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm with you on those drivers who are too important to wait on the merge. In desperate times, we've been known to straddle the line to keep those people behind us from getting ahead. As Kathy Bates' character said in "Fried Green Tomatoes," "I'm older than you and I have more insurance."

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats--i almost gave one of my sons and his bride a rehearsal dinner on a riverboat--!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your blog awards. The fabulous one is pretty! How cool that your wedding was on a river boat. That had to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! We had a small ceremony, a dinner, and then a cruise up the river.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on the awards! That's neat you had your wedding on a riverboat. I've always wanted to go on one. And I hate the hot weather too. Today was brutal, and all next week is going to be just as bad. Blah to that! Is it autumn yet?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I was just thinking the same thing about the weather today: When is fall?

      Thanks, Christine. :)

      Delete
  12. Oh my, chocolate covered potato chips? I did not need to know those existed.

    I agree with you on the dislikes. Lucky you don't live in So. Cal., it's often over 75 degrees.

    Congratulations on the Blog Award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chocolate-covered potato chips are wonderful! I wish I had some right now. :)

      Thanks so much!

      Delete
  13. Congrats on the awards! I liked reading your fives; your wedding does sound interesting! I never heard of chocolate covered potatoe chips, will have to check them out :) I live in Southern California closer to the coast and today it was about 73 degrees :)

    have a great Sunday!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Betty. It's sounds like you had the perfect day there, at least weather-wise!

      Do check out the chocolate-covered potato chips, especially if you love a sweet/salty combo. They're great. :)

      Delete
  14. There must be something about raw chicken. It doesn't bother me, but I have several friends who refuse to touch it. Which means they have to pay extra to buy the stuff that's all cut up for them. Makes me laugh cause they don't mind other raw meats, just chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken is the only raw meat that grosses me out, too. I still cook with it, though. :)

      Delete
  15. Congratulations! Thank you so much for passing the award on to me. :-) Mmm, Mexican food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. :)

      I'm craving Mexican food right now!

      Delete