Write Me Happy, who recently presented me with the One Lovely Blog Award. I'm honored that she thought of me! Make sure to check out her blog, where she tells us all how we can live a creative life.
Like all blog awards, this one comes with some rules, including:
1. thanking and linking back to the person who presented the award,
2. sharing seven things about yourself, and
3. nominating and contacting other bloggers you admire.
Since this is the One Lovely Blog Award, instead of sharing seven facts, I've decided to show you some of my Pinterest pins and tell you about seven things that I think are lovely. Here they are, in no particular order:
1. Butterflies: If you're one of the readers who found my blog during the Blogging from A to Z Challenge, it's probably no secret to you that I love butterflies of all types because they represent so much: strength, hope, resilience, new life... However, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the Monarchs.
2. Shoes: I blame Carrie Bradshaw for my shoe obsession, which coincidentally seemed to begin right about the time I started watching Sex and the City. I'm not a fashionista by any means, but I do love a good shoe, especially stilettos like these by designer Christian Louboutin. Will I ever own a pair? Probably not, but a girl can dream!
3. Vintage dresses: I love anything retro, especially dresses from the 1950s. Lucky for me, my mom was a teenager then and saved a lot of her clothing, which I had so much fun trying on as a kid! (See my R is for Retro post for more on that.) My mom didn't own this particular dress, but I think it's absolutely gorgeous!
4. Abandoned buildings: I might be in the minority on this one, but I think abandoned buildings are lovely; they're tragic and sad, yet I see hope in them as well. As a writer, I can always find many stories ideas whenever I think about the people who once called the four walls home.
5. Art: I'm inspired by art and artists. I've always had an affinity for Monet and have marveled for hours at the beauty of his paintings. This particular painting catches my eye because something about it reminds me of my childhood home along the shoreline of Lake Superior:
6. Rings: I adore rings! Back in the days before I was changing diapers, I used to wear one on every finger. Now I wear only my engagement and wedding rings, but someday I'll bring out the rest of them again. I found this one recently and thought it was gorgeous:
7. Tulips: My little boy is the reason I'm in love with these flowers. I wrote the story in my T is for Tulips post, but the gist of it is that tulips were the first flowers my son "bought" for me, and he was so proud of himself when he handed them to me and, with a huge grin on his tiny face, said, "These are for you, Mommy!" Thinking of that memory still melts my heart, and I will forever associate tulips with my little boy.
There you have them: seven things I find lovely, courtesy of my Pinterest page. My boards are still pretty sparse since I'm just starting to pin again after a long hiatus, but if anyone wants to follow me, you're more than welcome. And, although I'm not going to nominate specific bloggers, if you'd like to snag this award, please do so. I think all of you (and your blogs) are lovely!
So tell me, what do you find lovely?