Thursday, October 20, 2011

NaNo plotting update

Ever since deciding a few days ago to participate in NaNoWriMo despite the circumstances, I've been hard at work on plotting. I don't think I've mentioned yet that I'm not planning to do a traditional NaNo this year; that is, I'm not writing what's usually thought of as a novel. Instead, I'm planning to do a series of interconnected short stories. The "interconnected" part is what will keep me from being a NaNo rebel, although I certainly have nothing against people who set their own rules and do NaNo their own way. I fell into that category last year with my memoir, and my main hangout on the NaNo forums was the wonderful rebel lounge.

Anyway, I've gotten most of my story ideas down and have pretty thoroughly outlined two of them. However, I still have a lot of work to do if I'm going to be at least mostly ready before November 1. I think I'm getting close to nail-biting time!

For those of you doing NaNo, how's your planning going? And for those of you NaNo-ers who have blogs, how often do you think you'll post during November? I've been wondering what to do about my own schedule.

3 comments:

  1. good for you. sounds like one of those interconnected short story movies...know what i mean?
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you've joined!

    I doubt I'll be blogging all that much. I plan on playing it by ear. Though I struggle now to keep my blog up-to-date :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tara! I know exactly what kind of movies you mean--and my book, at least the way I'm envisioning it now, will be a lot like them :)

    Angie: Do you post on the NaNo boards? If you do, look me up--I'm Calimero over there.

    ReplyDelete