Friday, October 28, 2011

Playing hooky

This morning's 100 words:

I'm playing hooky today, skipping the kids' storytime in favor of a few more minutes of sleep and some extra writing time. I call it a mental health day, and I need it after a week spent getting up too early, frantically trying to capture all the pieces of the chaos and coax them into something tamable. It's the season, I guess, the time of Halloween costumes and parties and an evening spent trick or treating in the cold, shivering on the sidewalk as my children go from door to door, plastic pumpkins in hand and wide smiles on their faces.

3 comments:

  1. Hope the writing time was productive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you on "The Monster in Your Closet." Good for you...mental health days are most necessary for mamas, makes us better at everything. Hope you feel great tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Golden Eagle: It was! I'm feeling much more confident about my NaNo project. :)

    mynewfavoriteday: Thanks for reading! I did feel much better after taking the day off. :)

    ReplyDelete