Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sentimentality

Today's 100 words:

When my daughter was born two years ago, my generous friend, who has two daughters of her own, gave me a ton of beautiful, hardly worn clothes, and she continues to give me clothes as her girls outgrow them. Two months ago, she gave birth to a boy, and now it's my turn to return her generosity by giving her some of my son's clothes. But when I opened one of the clothes bins and looked at the clothes, I wanted to cry: so many memories... I know I need to do this, but my sentimentality is making it hard.

2 comments:

  1. Someone found my Mother's Day post this morning, which prompted me to reread it. So hard to remember boxing up all those things and sending them off, but it felt good to do, too. (Better after it was done, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been nearly a week, and I still haven't been able to bring myself to box up those clothes. I hope I can find the strength. Thanks, Deb, for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete