Saturday, May 28, 2011

Family really is what it's all about

I wrote this short paragraph earlier this afternoon:
 
My mother-in-law and sister-in-law are visiting today. The kids were so excited to see them, especially my son, who, as he waited for them to arrive, kept saying over and over "I'm getting so tired of waiting" until my husband and I, though a little exasperated, just looked at each other and laughed. Right now, my daughter is napping upstairs while my son--my inquisitive, happy little boy--is outside with his Aunt Kathy, collecting bugs with his new bug detecting kit, which he just received from his long-awaited and very loved grandma and aunt.
 
It's been a wonderful visit. Tomorrow the two of them will come over for brunch before making the three-hour drive back to Pennsylvania. After they leave, I hope to catch up on my writing and my blog commenting. I hope all of my friends in the Unites States are having a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment