Monday, April 2, 2012

B is for Books

I love to read. When my sister and I were kids, we would stay at our grandma's house in town for a few days in the summer, and we'd always walk to the library, then carry home stacks and stacks of books, which we'd devour in no time and then crave more. I still read like that, which is probably why I don't get as much sleep as I should. Every year I set a reading goal. Last year's goal was 104 books, and I read 108. This year I've set the bar at 110. I'm reading number 27 now.

5 comments:

  1. you're an awesome reader!
    what genre do you like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara. I like just about everything except fantasy and sci-fi. Lately I've been reading a lot of nonfiction and poetry, but I'm open to most genres. I generally just go to the library and see what grabs my attention on the New Arrivals shelves. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you are a super duper reader! Each year I consider the 100 book challenge, but I just don't read quickly enough to manage it!

    Great post, once again :)

    Nikki – inspire nordic

    ReplyDelete
  3. 110! That's an awesome goal! I'm proud of myself with my one book a week goal, lol. Keep it up, I'm convinced I'll never live long enough to read all the books I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cheyanne! I agree. There's no way we'll ever be able to read all those great books. Sad...

      Delete