Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for Daybreak

Even though I can never seem to break my bad habit of staying up too late each night, I still love waking up early and watching the sun rise. To me, there's nothing more peaceful and calming than seeing the sky brighten little by little and watching everything that had been shrouded in shadows become clear. Daybreak reminds me that I have a fresh start; I've been given another chance to do things right. Amid all the chaos of life, I crave the perspective each new day brings.

Lately I've been anticipating the warmer mornings to come, when I can sit out on the patio with my coffee, a book, my notebook. Words.

There's no better way to start my day.

10 comments:

  1. Followed you here from 100 words and just wanted to say hello. I'm glad to have found another 30-something mother trying to write and not go crazy (crazier?) in the process.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to meet you! I'm glad I'm not alone when it comes to trying to balance kids and writing.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I was an early riser. But alas, I'm lazy to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a hard time getting out of bed, but once I'm up, I wake up pretty quickly. As for the rest of the day...well, that's when the laziness sets in. LOL

      Delete
  3. Wow, I don't know how you stay up late and get up early! I'm up at 5am every day, so if I'm not to bed by 10 at the latest...okay, 1030, I'm a gonner. Although lately, I've been to bed by 830, and that didn't work either. Looks like it'll be a later one tonight. Maybe I was getting too much sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This created a lovely picture for me. Sneaking out to watch the morning before the kids wake up with some coffee and a notebook sounds absolutely divine!

    Krissy

    (visiting via the a-z challenge)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I truly love that time of day.

      Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Dawn is my absolute favorite time of day - the world is fresh and, even if I am still tired (which is generally the case), I can see the world with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are my feelings exactly. The world is new, and anything is possible.

      Delete