Tuesday, April 3, 2012

So sentimental

Today's 100 words:

My friend texted me today to let me know that she'd like to return the baby clothes I gave her last week, as she could tell I had a difficult time parting with them. She's right: I am very sentimental about things that belong to my children. Another friend had advised me to treat the whole situation as though I were ripping off a Band-Aid--just do it and get it over with--and I really tried to do that as I handed over the bag of clothes. I guess my emotions were still pretty clear, though.

I texted her back, asking her to keep them and letting her know that I've slowly been going through my other clothes bins, looking for more things her son can wear. It's hard--a piece of clothing can hold so many memories--but I know that I can't keep everything, and really, it's the memories themselves that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment