Saturday, April 7, 2012

G is for Grace

Grace is a beautiful word, both in its sound and in its meanings. It can describe fluidity and charm--She skated gracefully across the ice--as well as kindness and pardon--He was saved by the governor's act of grace. It can also describe ummerited mercy and forgiveness, which I think is its most powerful definition, especially when I think of the word in terms of Easter. It's not always easy to extend grace to others, especially when I feel they don't deserve it, but it's one of the most important concepts I can teach my children.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

12 comments:

  1. well said dana---God's grace teaches us this doesn't it--with what mercy we show, we will be shown

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's grace is such a wonderful thing, and as you mentioned, especially considering it around the time of Easter, and thinking of the Cross, it becomes clear how powerful God's love is for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i do not have grace
    but you do!

    have a sweet easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack, I must have missed your comment. :(

      I hope you had a wonderful Easter, Tara!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I love your challenge theme. Following you back! :)

      Delete
  5. On the spiritual side, grace is one of the easiest things to give, but sometimes one of the hardest as well. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Thanks! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

      Delete
  6. I love grace: the grace of God, a dancer's grace & Grace Kelly. Visiting from A to Z. Have fun with the Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All wonderful examples. :)

      Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the challenge.

      Delete