Sunday, April 15, 2012

Intermission and Roy G. Biv

Today is the A to Z Challenge's scheduled day off. I'll be back tomorrow with the letter N.

I'd like to welcome those who are new to my blog. Thanks for following! When I'm not taking part in the challenge, I usually post 100-word entries describing my observations about things like motherhood, writing, and life. So without further ado, I bring you this morning's 100 words:

When I ask my kids to name their favorite colors, my five-year-old son will usually say blue or green. My two-year-old daughter, on the other hand, will start by saying pink but then change her answer to "I love all the colors of the rainbow!" before she dances and twirls out of the room, arms raised high, a wide smile spread across her face. Sometimes she stops, skips back to where I'm standing, and loudly sing-songs the colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. Good old Roy G. Biv. I remember him well.

Remember Roy? He's my old friend. I probably wouldn't be able to recall the colors of the rainbow without him. :)

12 comments:

  1. I'm very thankful for Roy! Without him, I would not know the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never knew Roy. No wonder I can't tell you the colors of the rainbow! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard Of York Gained Battles In Vain - I think that's what most British, or at least English kids are taught! Nice to 'meet' you - I popped over from The Lumberjack's Wife blog which I was dropping into on my A-Z tour! LindaK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! I'd never heard it before. :)

      Nice to meet you, too. Thanks for the follow!

      Delete
  4. I've never heard of him. Being a historian I do know that Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your daughter's attitude..."all the colors of the rainbow."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too. I smile every time she says it. :)

      Delete
  6. Yes, I remember Roy G. Biv. I learned it in Sunday School, actually, when we learned about Noah and the flood. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember for sure, but that might have been where I learned about him as well. :)

      Delete