Monday, December 12, 2011

M*A*S*H

Today's 100 words:
 
I remember watching the last episode of M*A*S*H with my dad, he in his favorite green armchair and I on the floor with my back pressed up against the couch. It's one of those snapshot moments I can remember from my childhood, small vignettes of things I did or said, the ones that for whatever reason have stuck with me all these years. I remember asking my mom once what M*A*S*H stood for, and when she told me--Mobile Army Surgical Hospital--I said it over and over again for weeks, like a chant or an incantation.

3 comments:

  1. I'm watching M*A*S*H right now! I love that show. A great memory, thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to watch MASH. I remember being young, so if I heard the opening bars of the song, I knew I was up way too late. I actually associate the sound of that show with insomina (which I have).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, thanks! It's still one of my favorites!

    April, so sorry about the insomnia. I've never had to deal with that, and I feel for you. Thanks for sharing your memory of M*A*S*H. (I love the song!)

    ReplyDelete