Friday, December 23, 2011

I spy

Today's 100 words:

My parents' bedroom shared a wall with my bedroom, and I remember surreptitiously taking a glass from the kitchen before going to bed one Christmas Eve, then holding it up to the wall, trying to hear what my parents were saying as they wrapped gifts. When morning finally came, my sister and I sneaked peeks at the tree in the living room while we waited for Daddy to get up, then headed to our stockings, always filled with chocolate and small gifts. Christmas was the only day of the year that Mom allowed us to eat candy for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Do you let your kids eat chocolate for breakfast? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL No, but I have to admit that they did eat a ton of sugar during the day today. I justify it by telling myself it's a special day. :)

    ReplyDelete