Monday, February 20, 2012

Amazement

Today's 100 words:

I'm still amazed each time my kids want to hang out with me. In some ways I feel like a kid myself. After all, there's no training for parenting, and some days it seems like nearly every decision I make as a mom is a guess. Since I'm learning right along with the kids, sometimes I can't believe that I--incompetent and unqualified--have been entrusted with children. But I was, and I'm grateful for every minute they want to spend with me, cuddled together with a book, snuggling and realizing yet again just how blessed I am.

4 comments:

  1. I often feel the same way about my own kids. The feeling doesn't change the older they get and I feel so grateful that they actally LIKE me and want to be around me (even the 16 year old).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great feeling! I hope mine feel the same way as yours when they get older.

      Delete
  2. I don't think that there's many feelings in the world that's better than snuggling for a book with your child.

    Also, tagged you for 11 questions over on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the snuggling! :)

      I'll head over to your blog soon to check out the questions. I've been so behind in my blog reading...

      Delete