Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent

Today's 100 words:

I spent some time yesterday thinking about Lent and my plans for it this year. In past years, I've given things up, like carbonated beverages and chocolate, but I did those things mainly for my health, and I'm not certain I recognized the real purpose of Lent. This year I decided that rather than giving things up, I'll add some things to my life: I found a Lenten Bible reading plan to help me get back to daily Bible reading, and I made the promise to myself that I'll spend more quality time with God's gift to me, my children.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! I am not Catholic and don't do Lent, but I have fasted certain things...given up things that I enjoy...for the purpose of giving to God. Leaving more time for him. I don't spend as much time with Him as I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not Catholic either, but I do participate for the same reasons you gave. :)

      Delete