Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine's Day back in the day

Today's 100 words:

When I was in elementary school, the Valentine's Day parties were among my favorite of all celebrations. The teachers would have us make valentine holders by lacing together two construction paper hearts, and then we'd fill each other's hearts when the party day arrived. I remember how excited I used to feel as I looked at all the valentines I received; no child was left out. Now my preschool-age son is getting ready for his own party, writing names on his valentines after picking out the perfect one for each of his classmates. Watching him brings back good memories.

2 comments:

  1. Our kids go all out at their school making elaborate boxes for their cards. It was really fun for the first few years, but then I burned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely see burning out on that after that long!

    ReplyDelete