Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cake!

Today's 100 words:

This year my son wants a Spider-Man cake for his birthday. I've made sculpted cakes before but have never made one using a character cake pan, so I'm a little nervous about how it will turn out. I think if I can just get the cake out of the pan in one piece, the decorating process should go pretty well. It's an intricate design, and I've been told it can take about three hours just to complete the icing. I'm up for the challenge. I enjoy making the kids' cakes. They love them and talk about them all year.

6 comments:

  1. Now I want to see a picture of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Kate said! I'd love to see a pic of the cake. I can't even make a standard cake with any finesse, so I'm kinda awed by this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've done several now but, as I said, never one like this. I'm crossing my fingers that it will work out.

      Delete
  3. My mum used to do this for me and my brothers. I can still remember my rocket cake and I'm sure he'll be talking about it well into his forties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still remember the doll cake my parents gave me one year. I made a similar one for my daughter last year.

      Delete