Thursday, February 9, 2012

Unexpected friendship

Today's 100 words:

Today I talked to the parents of some of my son's classmates about the birthday party we're hosting for him, and I was surprised by the enthusiastic responses I received. I've been seeing these people for months now as we've dropped our children off at preschool, yet I've never had more than superficial conversations with them. But when I finally introduced myself this morning and invited them to my son's party, I couldn't believe how friendly they were and how eager to talk. I wish I would have introduced myself earlier in the year. After all, can't we all use more friends?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! I'm so shy when it comes to meeting new people that it's always nice to have a reason to talk. Maybe birthday parties aren't such a bad idea after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I never thought I could be friends with some of these women--we seem so different--but maybe I can!

      Delete
  2. it's easier to make friends with people in the same phase of life. good for you & happy bday! so many teams, we become friends with our kids friends parents, ideally =) its my closest friends i have trouble keeping around! i've had 3 move away! do i offend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tara! I'll pass on your happy birthday wishes to my son. I can't believe he'll be five in less than two weeks!

      (And no--you don't offend, silly! LOL)

      Delete