Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The little things

Today's 100 words:

Every Valentine's Day when I was a child, I would get up and go into the kitchen, where I'd find a heart-shaped box of chocolates and a card on the kitchen table for me. One Valentine's Day sticks out in my mind: I picture my mother standing at the ironing board she had set up in the kitchen, ironing our clothes for school while chatting with me and my sister as we ate. As I've grown older, I've come to realize that it's often the small memories that mean the most. Now I'm creating those with my own family.

Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I have a sweet memory from when I was little of my mom giving me a red hair bow for Valentine's Day. I hope my kids have some fond memories of the little things too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember moments more than events. I have to remind myself of that each time I get impatient with the kids. I want them to remember having fun with me--baking cookies, doing projects, playing outside... I don't want them to think of me with my crabby face on. Eek!

    ReplyDelete