Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bittersweet

Today's 100 words:

My son is five now, officially since 9:50 last night. My children's birthdays have always been hard on me, as the older I get, the more I realize how quickly time passes. I love these early childhood years when the kids are learning so much about their worlds and are home all the time with me. I'm finding five to be a particularly difficult age. It's the beginning of full-time school and signals the real beginning of independence for my son. For me five brings the sad realization that my little boy won't always need me so much.

2 comments:

  1. Letting go is hard, but our parents did it and so will we when the time comes. Mine are 18, 16 and 12, but they're not drifting away, the relationship is changing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to remind myself of that. Change is so hard for me.

    ReplyDelete