Sunday, February 26, 2012

Happiness

Today's 100 words:

My son's birthday party went really well. Even though our party hosts at the play center seemed to rush us all out of our private room pretty quickly, the kids all appeared to enjoy their pizza and cake and had a great time playing after they ate. My husband and I (and the other parents, too) spent several hours watching the kids climb and bounce and bike. It was tiring to try to keep up with them as they raced from one side of the center to the other, but the smiles I captured on film were worth the exhaustion.

I took several pictures yesterday, but two are really special to me. They show my son jumping off a slide and starting his sprint across the play center, the widest smile I've ever seen stretched across his just-turned-five-year-old face. Remembering that moment makes my mom-heart melt.

4 comments: