Monday, February 6, 2012

Waiting for the muse

Today's 100 words:

"The pages are still blank, but there is a miraculous feeling of the words being there, written in invisible ink and clamoring to become visible." ~Vladimir Nabokov

Last week I felt I had lost all inspiration. Like Nabokov, I had a feeling that words were there, but as hard as I tried, I couldn't pull them from my mind and heart and down to the page. It was a difficult writing week, yet even though I despaired that the words would never come, they eventually did, and I was shown once again that I must be patient with my muse.

4 comments:

  1. Muses can be hard to pin down sometimes, but they have as much to learn about us as we have to learn about them. When we click, it's great. When we don't, it can be painful.

    ReplyDelete