Thursday, February 2, 2012

The blooper real

Today's 100 words:

I wish I could erase some memories from my mind--especially the embarrassing ones, when I did or said something particularly dumb and then felt like a fool afterward. They make up the blooper reel of my life, and I wish that my mind didn't feel the need to relive them over and over, but for some reason, it chooses to come back to them. Worse still, I add several new scenes to the reel each year, so there will always be something to cringe about, even if I am lucky enough someday to erase past embarrassments from my mind.

4 comments:

  1. My problem is that i keep adding new dialogue, as if I could change the event now if I'd only said something different. Obviously my bloopers are all about me putting my foot in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that, too. Lord knows I've put my foot in my mouth more than once...

      Delete
  2. I still cringe at some recollections that others have probably long forgotten. I'd like to say I've learnt from them, but I doubt I've learnt everything from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about that sometimes, too--that the very things I cringe about have probably been forgotten by most everyone else. That doesn't make the memories any easier for me, though.

      Delete